Friday, January 6, 2012

Caillou

If you have kids (especially boys) who are below 5 years old, you're probably very familiar with Caillou - the TV show on Sprout. There's just something about this show that holds the kids' attention. I don't know what it is, but my 7-year-old son loved it when he was little, and was at home to watch it. He still watches it with my 4-year-old when he doesn't have to go to school.

It's funny how some kid shows can hold the kids' attention more than others. Maybe the kids identify with Caillou - the bald-headed kid with a little sister called Rosie. He loves dinosaurs, cars, books, and has a great imagination. Guess he's just like any 3, or 4 year-olds! My 4-year-old liked Sesame Street when he was very little, but doesn't seem to care much for it now. My 7-year-old just turns his nose up when Sesame Street comes on now. Little could he remember he probably learned his ABCs and 123s from watching Elmo, Big Bird, Ernie, and the rest of the gang!

My 4-year-old does still like to play 'Ernie says_' though. Anyway, guess Caillou is one of the success stories in Kids TV shows of the current age.







No comments: